Little Shelter is a very busy place! No matter how many volunteers we have, we always need more. From dogs who need to be walked, kittens who need to be pet, to gutters that need to be cleaned or paperwork to be filed… There is always something that needs to get done around here and we need your help to do it!
One thing we want to emphasize is that no matter what job/skill/business you have, the shelter has a need for it. Apply as a volunteer or speak to our volunteer coordinator and ask how you can help here at the shelter. If you have a skill that we haven’t asked for, make a suggestion to us, we probably just didn’t think of it before!
The most amazing thing about Little Shelter is what our volunteers do…
- help with repairing fences, painted rooms, cleaned gutters, mulch flower beds.
- bring cats and dogs to and from the vet
- man our booths as events
- help pass out our flyers or send out mailings
- walk dogs, or work with one specific dog in need
- play with our cats/kittens, or work with one specific cat
- help with paperwork in the office, or assist in grant writing
- and so much more…
The possibilities are endless and you can help volunteer by coming to Little Shelter or from home. Big things happen at Little Shelter and we want you to be a part of it. The best part of being a volunteer, you don’t need to commit to a schedule. Come and volunteer when you have the time, make your own schedule!
Call Little Shelter today and ask for more information, or fill out a volunteer application online:
631-368-8770 | littleshelter.com | 33 Warner Rd, Huntington, NY 11743